Sunday, February 28, 2010

And the Baby's Name Will Be...

... a secret.

Except that we've discovered we're pretty bad at keeping secrets. Maybe keeping the pregnancy secret until January was all the secret-keeping we could handle. People keep asking us what names we're thinking of, and we keep accidentally telling them. If you're one of those people, please keep it quiet! Since we already found out the gender, we wanted there to be some surprise left when the baby comes...

So far, we are leaning very strongly toward the first name we ever discussed, which kind of bores me, but there hasn't been another name we like as much. After thinking about the names we both like, I realize there are a few key criteria:
*Three syllables or more
*Nickname friendly (nicknames that come from the second or third syllable are a bonus)
*Not too common, not too strange
*A name that reminds us of important people in our lives, without necessarily being exactly the same

Have any ideas? Share them with us!!!

5 comments:

  1. Vejajo! Get it ;) Or Isabel (eee-sa-bel) I like that name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tac you know Cat spelled backwards. what about enirehtac? It has a great ring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Isabel, but as you know, the child will be stuck with a nickname that more than likely has nothing to do with her name (think ChubChub & Stinka...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pomegranate- you know, to follow the celebrity trend of naming children after fruit. Nickname Megran. Like Megan, but not.

    FACT: Brooklyn is the 47th most popular baby name for girls born in 2008. Although, this could cause problems for baby Flandro-Sampson as she lives in Brooklyn.

    Well, good luck with name picking. Apparently, it's kind of important: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2007/apr/29/theobserversuknewspages.uknews

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're looking for a name that has nickname potential, the one I thought of was Elizabeth. I know it's kind of common, but you have a wide range of nicknames to choose from: Libby, Beth, Lisa, Betsy, just to name a few. Good luck, and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete